SEGGER Evaluation Software for SEGGER emPower
- NXP Kinetis K66 MCU (MK66FN2M0VMD18) 180MHz, ARM Cortex-M4
- 1.8" LCD module (resolution 160x128)
- External debug interface (19-pin Cortex-M); incl. trace
- Display adapter connector (5 V/3.3 V, SPI, PWM for backlight control)
- 100 Mbps fast Ethernet
- USB device: High speed, B-type connector
- USB host: Full speed, providing USB supply to device, A type receptacle (for directly plugging in A type devices/modules)
- NAND Flash 1GBit
- 3 expansion interfaces providing I2C, SPI buses, UART, CAN, GPIO/timer, analog input, power, compatible with 3.3V SExI modules.
- microSD card connector
- Joystick 4(+1)-way, 1x "FIRE" button, 1x RESET button
- Rotary input (potentiometer to ADC)
- LEDs: 4x bicolor
- Pin headers for spare MCU signals
- On-board debug probe J-Link-OB (STM32F072, mini A/B-type connector); SWD/SWO only, no VCOM port support
- Configuration free: no shorting links or solder jumpers required
- Dimensions 99 mm x 80 mm
- Supports programming via Drag & Drop and J-Flash / J-Flash Lite
- 180 MHz ARM Cortex-M4 based core with DSP instructions and Single Precision Floating Point unit
- 2 MB program flash memory
- 256 KB RAM
- 4 KB FlexRAM
- Memory protection unit with multi-master protection
- 48 MHz internal reference
- Hardware random-number generator
- Supports DES, AES, SHA accelerator (CAU)
- Two 16-bit SAR ADCs and two 12-bit DAC
- Ethernet controller with RMII interface to external PHY and hardware IEEE 1588 capability
- USB high-/full-/low-speed On-the-Go with on-chip high speed transceiver
- USB full-/low-speed OTG with on-chip transceiver
- CAN, SPI, I2C and UART modules
- Secure Digital Host Controller (SDHC)
SEGGER Evaluation Software
BASE + CoAP Server / Client, DHCP Server, (m)DNS/LLMNR/DNS-SD Server, FTP Client, FTP Server, MQTT Client, NetBIOS Name Service, SMTP Client, SNMP Agent, SNTP Client, UPnP, WebSocket, emNet driver for Freescale Kinetis K60/K70
Subscribe to SEGGER Eval Software Notifications
Getting Started with SEGGER emPower
The emPower eval board provides a comprehensive set of SEGGER’s middleware products, accelerating the start of any embedded project. SEGGER’s embOS real-time operating system is at the heart of the evaluation. Furthermore, evaluation versions of the file system emFile, graphics library emWin, emUSB Host & Device, and TCP/IP stack emNet (including web server demo) enable full use of the available emPower peripherals.
emPower also features a J-Link OB, an on-board version of SEGGER’s market-leading debug probe J-Link. There are three expansion interfaces to easily connect additional modules. Each connector provides I2C, SPI, UART, GPIO/timer, analog input and power. A display adapter connector enables the connection of small TFT displays. The emPower board is powered by USB only. Current consumption drawn strongly depends on the application and connected peripherals. Idle consumption is approx. 85 mA.
RS232 add-on board for emPower
The RS232 module is equipped with a female DSUB9 connector so that the add-on board can be connected to a PC (or a USB to serial adapter) directly or by using a 1:1 male / female cable (this module is a peripheral or DCE).
This module can be plugged to one of the three Expansion Interfaces (J500/ExpIF0, J501/ExpIF1, J502/ExpIF2) of the emPower V2 board.
Application example: Modbus protocol applying SEGGER emModbus software.