January 16th 2020
For non-commercial use or for evaluation purposes, you – regardless whether you are an individual person or a legal entity – are welcome to use the software free of charge under this license.
Any other use of the software is considered commercial use, for which a commercial-use license must be obtained from SEGGER.
"Non-commercial use" means using the software for teaching, learning, studying, or projects that do not have a commercial background. If the software is used for products or services intended to be sold, the use is considered to be commercial.
"Evaluation" means you are trying out the software for possible future use. While the length of this time period is up to you, once it becomes a standard part of your workflow we no longer consider it evaluation.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
When using the software under this license, you accept that it is provided on an "as is" basis, without warranty of any kind.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
When using the software under this license, you accept that SEGGER is not liable for any damages arising out of the use of or inability to use the software.
3RD-PARTY SOFTWARE AND LICENSES
More information about 3rd-party components, if any, included in the software and the licenses that these components are under can be found in the file doc/license/3rd-party.txt after installation of the software.
You may not:
(a) decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the software,
(b) redistribute, encumber, sell, rent, lease, sublicense, or otherwise transfer rights in the software,
(c) remove or alter any trademark, logo, copyright or other proprietary notices, legends, symbols or labels of the software.
SEGGER reserves the right to revoke the right to use the software granted by this license on a case-by-case basis. In this unlikely event, SEGGER will provide the revocation notice in writing, allowing an adequate notice period.
APPLICABLE LAW, VENUE
German Law (with the exception of its rules for Conflicts of Law) applies. Sole venue is Monheim/Rhein.
- Students, tutors, teachers, or private individuals
- In universities, colleges, non-proﬁt organizations, or at home
- For hobbyist projects, courses, classes, training, and self-education.
- Any commercial purposes, project, or other undertaking, intended for proﬁt
- Earning money or reasonably anticipate the receipt of monetary gain from using it
- Develop, debug, program, or manufacture a commercial product (or parts thereof)
- Develop any software intended to be covered by a software patent
- You may use the software in a university course to teach and learn about embedded applications and systems.
- You may use the software in free training tutorials or webinars to show how to work with it.
- You may use the software at home to learn how to develop an embedded system.
- You may use the software on your own or in a team to create a non-commercial software or product.
- The software may not be used in a university for a project which is carried out for a company and generates profit.
- The software may not be used to develop a product which is sold or used commercially.
- The software may not be used to develop tools for your commercial production.