Easily transmit video via USB. Send video data to the host.
Simple and driverless! Plug-and-play on any operating system.
- USB Video Device class (UVC) V1.1 implementation.
- Send video to the host
- Cross-platform, no drivers needed on Linux, macOS or Windows
- High performance
- Small footprint
Enhance your device with video capabilities
Using emUSB-Device Video, an embedded device can transmit video data to a host, be it from a dedicated camera peripheral, from a storage medium or generated by the application. emUSB-Device Video allows the device to handle video data irrespective of the available hardware, for example pre-recorded instruction videos can be played from a hardware without a camera.
Application Samples emUSB-Device Video
SEGGER’s implementation of the USB Video Class V1.1 is designed with minimal resource usage in mind, especially targeted to embedded devices. The implementation supports the usage of a “camera” (output video terminal).
The Video class supports the uncompressed frame format (YUV422), multiple resolutions and still image capture.
Try it now
Download the emUSB-Device Video demo for the emPower board:
- Take the pre-converted sample video
Convert any video using ffmpeg:
ffmpeg -i SeggerDemo_sample_app_project_v3.mp4 -pix_fmt yuyv422 -c:v rawvideo -an -s 640x480 -r 15 video.yuv
You can add
-ito reduce the duration to 5 seconds.
- Copy the file
video.yuvonto a SD card
- Program the emPower with the default application using Embedded Studio
- Insert the SD card into the emPower board
- Connect the HS USB connector to your PC
- Use a webcam viewing program to see your video