emUSB-Host FTDI UART
- Compatibility with different FTDI UART devices
- Ability to send and receive data
- Ability to set various parameters, such as baud rate, number of stop bits, parity
- Handling of multiple FTDI UART devices at the same time
- Notifications about FTDI UART connection status
- Ability to query the FTDI UART line and modem status
- Small footprint
A USB to RS-232 converter typically contains an FTDI chip which performs data translation.
About FTDI UART
Many devices formerly connected via UART have been equipped with USB interfaces using serial to UART converters such as the FTDI UART and FT-X devices from FTDI. emUSB-Host is capable of easily addressing such devices.
Application Samples emUSB-Host FTDI UART
USB to RS232 Converter
The following devices were tested with the current FTDI UART driver:
Example Code Included
An example application which uses the API is provided with any shipment or eval software including emUSB-Host. This example displays information about the FTDI UART device in the I/O terminal of the debugger. In addition the application then starts a simple echo server, sending back the received data. Several application samples can also be found on the emUSB-Host sample page.
Components required to use emUSB-Host FTDI UART:
- emUSB-Host FTDI UART (Included in emUSB-Host PRO package)
- emUSB-Host core (Included in emUSB-Host PRO package)
- emUSB-Host target driver (One driver is included in emUSB-Host PRO package)
- Real-time operating system (embOS or other)