SEGGER Evaluation Software
Shows a list of all the tasks running and provides information about the different tasks.
This is a combination of emFile and emSecure. This application reads the images (*.bmp and *.jpeg) from the SD Card and displays those files.
Further the emSecure part tries to verify the images with the signatures (*.*.sig). On success the images are getting displayed. On fail the images are getting displayed with a watermark. To have this working properly, please copy the content from \SDCard to an SD card and plug it into the board.
Please make sure the image are in the proper size. The best size is 300x172 pixels. Anything above won't be displayed correctly.
This application shows how to realize a touch pad (like known from a notebook) and makes it possible to control the host PCs mouse. To have this application working properly make sure the board is connected via mini USB cable on connector 'CN12 USB_HS'.
This application shows the network traffic related to the board. It displays received and send bytes. Of course this demo makes only sense if the VNC application is running and an Ethernet cable is connected. Further it shows the IP address of this board once a connection has been established.
If the 'VNC on startup' version is running, VNC is always on. Otherwise it needs to enabled by tipping on the appropriate button. To connect to the board use a VNC client of your choice and use either the IP address displayed in the emNet application or use 'STM32F746' as connection.
This application shows a simple user interface to control the color of light bulbs.
If the application without VNC is running a screensaver will be shown after short period of inactivity.
Per default the STM32F746 Discovery boards come with a ST-Link on board debugging probe. This needs to be upgraded to a J-Link OB. To do so please unzip the ST-Link reflash tool from STLinkReflash_161221.zip, start STLinkReflash.exe and follow the instructions.
The most recent version of this tool can be found here: https://www.segger.com/downloads/jlink/STLinkReflash
Once the ST-Link is upgraded follow the steps below.
- Make sure power selection jumper on the back of the board is fitted to '5V link'
- Connect your target to your host PC with a mini USB cable
- Execute StartBinary.bat
- Once the download is finished disconnect the USB cable
- Set the power selection jumper to 'USB_HS'
- Connect a micro USB cable to 'CN12 USB_HS'
SEGGER Embedded Studio is a streamlined and powerful C/C++ IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for ARM microcontrollers. It is specifically designed to provide users with everything needed for professional embedded development: an all-in-one solution providing stability and a continuous workflow.
SEGGER SystemView is a real-time recording and visualization tool that reveals the true runtime behavior of an application, going far deeper than the insight provided by debuggers. This is particularly effective when developing and working with complex systems comprising multiple threads and interrupts: SystemView can ensure a system performs as designed, can track down inefficiencies, and show unintended interactions and resource conflicts.
- STM32F746NGH6 MCU
- USB functions: virtual COM port, mass storage, debug port
- 4.3-inch 480x272 color LCD-TFT with capacitive touch screen
- Camera connector
- SAI audio codec
- Audio line in and line out jack
- Stereo speaker outputs
- Two ST MEMS microphones
- SPDIF RCA input connector
- Two pushbuttons (user and reset)
- 128-Mbit Quad-SPI Flash memory
- 128-Mbit SDRAM (64 Mbits accessible)
- Connector for microSD card
- RF-EEPROM daughterboard connector
- USB OTG HS with Micro-AB connectors
- USB OTG FS with Micro-AB connectors
- Ethernet connector compliant with IEEE-802.3-2002
- Power supply output for external applications: 3.3 V or 5 V
- Arduino Uno V3 connectors
- Supported by a wide choice of integrated development environments
- High-performance DSP with FPU
- ARM Cortex-M7 MCU
- 1 MB Flash
- 216 MHz CPU
- L1 cache
- 320 KB SRAM
- TFT Controller