J-Link software package components
J-Link software components are included to enhance the functionality of your J-Link. Please find a list of included software components below.
J-Link Software and Documentation package for Windows includes:
- J-Link Configurator (J-Link management software)
- J-Link GDB Server (J-Link remote server for GDB)
- J-Link Remote Server (Access J-Link remotely over TCP/IP)
- J-Link Commander (J-Link command line utility)
- J-Mem (Run-time memory viewer for ARM based systems)
- J-Link SWO Viewer (Terminal output viewer over SWO)
- J-Flash (High-speed production grade flash programming software) *
- J-Link Unlimited Flash Breakpoints (Unlimited number of breakpoints while debugging in flash memory) *
- J-Link RDI / RDDI (Support for RDI / RDDI compatible debuggers) *
J-Link Software and Documentation package for Mac OS X includes:
J-Link Software and Documentation package for Linux includes:
J-Link Software and Documentation package for Linux ARM systems includes:
These software components require a separate license (each component). To make it as simple as possible, there are J-Link models available which already come with built-in licenses for these components. For more information, please refer to www.segger.com/jlink-debug-probes.html.
For users who already own a J-Link without built-in licenses for these software components, a license key may be purchased separately: www.segger.com/pricelist-j-link-related.html
The J-Link Configurator makes it easy to manage all the J-Links in your development and product environments.
A screenshot of J-Link Configurator shows the main application while several J-Links are connected via USB and Ethernet. More info...
J-Link GDB Server
J-Link GDB Server is an application acting as a server for debuggers or IDEs communicating with the J-Link debug probe via TCP/IP using the GDB protocol. It allows using J-Link with GDB and the growing number of debuggers and IDEs that use the same protocol. More info...
J-Link Remote Server
J-Link Commander (JLink.exe) is a command line based utility that can be used for verifying proper functionality of J-Link as well as for simple analysis of the target system. It supports some simple commands, such as memory dump, halt, step, go etc. to verify the target connection. More info...
J-Link SWO Viewer
J-Link SWO Viewer is a tool which allows showing terminal output of the target performed via the SWO pin. More info...
J-Link Unlimited Flash Breakpoints
The J-Link software comes with an additional feature, called Unlimited Flash Breakpoints. Unlimited Flash Breakpoints allow the user to set an unlimited number of breakpoints when debugging in flash memory. More info...
J-Link ARM RDI / RDDI