The emPower Zynq evaluation board with its fast CPU offers the optimal evaluation platform for testing SEGGER software. The components of the all-in-one solution emPower OS included in the software package require very little RAM capacity which results in eliminating the need for external RAM on the board. With the programmable FPGA of the CPU developers can configure additional circuits and functions, for example speeding up the software algorithms.
The emPower Zynq evaluation board is built around the Xiliny Zynq XC7Z007S SoC from Xilinx and comes with the J-Link OB on-board debug probe, a version of SEGGER’s industry-leading debug probe. The board has four extension connectors: an Ethernet and SD Card interface as well as HiSpeed USB host and device interfaces.
Xilinx Zynq XC7Z007S SoC
- ARM Cortex-A9 @666 MHz with 256 KB RAM and 512 KB L2 cache
- Artix7-FPGA with 23k logic cells for customer logic
- USB host: High speed
- USB device: High speed
- 1 Gbps Ethernet
- SD Card interface
- J-Link OB
- External debug interface (19-pin Cortex-M); incl. trace
- Support for Xilinx USB platform cable
- Quad SPI Flash
- Two extension connectors providing 5/3.3/1.8 V, 10x 1.8 V IO, 32x 3.3 V IO, 4 differential analog inputs