In order to get started with J-Link and MPLAB X by Microchip install the latest SEGGER software and documentation pack. Please verify that your J-Link software is up to date. For detailed instructions on how to install and use MPLAB X, please refer to the MPLAB X wiki and the getting started with J-Link guide by Microchip.
- Open Tools | Plugins
- Select the Available Plugins tab
- Press Reload Catalog
- Install the SEGGER JLink Probe plugin
- After restarting the IDE, the SEGGER JLink Probe plugin will shop up in the Installed tab, as shown below
- Make sure the SEGGER JLink Probe plugin is marked as active
- Open the Project Properties by selecting Properties in the contexmenu of your project, or by opening File | Project Properties.
- In the Project Properties , select SEGGER J-Link as used Hardware Tool, and press Apply.
- Now the project is ready to be debugged with J-Link.