The 5V Target Supply Adapter provides a supply voltage of 5V to the target board. It has a standard 20-pin 0.1" socket towards the J-Link debug probe or Flasher and a standard 20-pin 0.1" header on the target side and can directly be inserted between the J-Link or Flasher and the debug cable maintaining a 1:1 connection of all debug signals. The supply voltage to the target is provided through pin 19 of the debug cable. The supply voltage is fixed to 5V.
- Output voltage: 5V +/- 5%
- Output current: 5V/500mA
Max. output current depends on power capability of driving unit. Operation on typical J-Link (4.5V/300mA max.): 5V/220mA.
- Max. capacitive load: 220uF
- Ramp time (output): 2-6ms
J-Link needs to supply 5V power to the emulator side of the adapter on pin 19. In order to do this, you may have to configure J-Link once as follows:
- Make sure that SEGGER J-Link software is installed on your machine. It can be downloaded here.
- Start J-Link Commander, which can be found under “Start -> Programs -> SEGGER -> J-Link”
- Enter the following command: power on
- Plug in the adapter: The power LED on the adapter should now be lit.