Infineon DAVE 4 is a free IDE, based on Eclipse, for Infineon XMC devices. Infineon DAVE comes with built-in J-Link GDB Server support.
The following steps assume/expect that basic installation and configuration of DAVE 4 has already been done. If not done yet, please refer to DAVE Installation Instructions, which is .pdf created by Infineon that is included in the DAVE installation package.
- Open a project
- Build the project
- Open the drop-down menu next to the bug
- Click Debug Configurations...
- Double-Click GDB SEGGER J-Link Debugging in order to create a new debug configuration
- Configure the settings according to the device to be debugged. DAVE 4 will fill in all information necessary for debugging automatically, therefore usually only a few or no manual changes at all to the debug configuration are necessary.
- In the Debugger tab of the Debug Configuration
- Make sure the path in the Executable: field points to the J-Link GDB Server which ships with the J-Link package
- Make sure that that the correct device name is filled in the field labeled Device name:
All devices currently supported by J-Link are listed here.
- Click Apply if necessary
- Click Debug
- The debug session is started now