IDA Pro is a Windows, Linux or macOS hosted multi-processor disassembler and debugger. In order to get started with J-Link and IDA, please make sure that latest SEGGER software and documentation pack is installed, which can be downloaded here. Before starting a debug session, the application has to be downloaded to the target. This can be done with J-Link Commander (as described in UM8001, section 184.108.40.206 loadfile), or another tool of choice.
First of all, the J-Link GDB Server needs to be started (included in the J-Link software suite). Please make sure that the CPU and Interface Type & Speed are set correctly. Assuming that the GUI version of the J-Link GDB Server is used, the GDB Server Window should look as follows.
- Open your current project in IDA.
- Open Debugger | Switch debugger
- In the "Available debuggers" field, choose Remote GDB debugger.
- Press OK
- Open Debugger | Process options
- The fields "Hostname" and "Port" need to be set to the correct values. Assuming a local setup, default for "Hostname" and "Port" is "localhost" and "2331".
- Press OK
The debug session can now be started by clicking Debugger | Start process.