- Fully compatible with J-Link offering the same features
- Using J-Link enables the use of a broad range of IDEs
- Supports drag & drop programming of application images
- Supports stand-alone programming mode (allows programming images without PC connection)
- Enables full featured development with SEGGER Embedded Studio IDE
- Getting started Demo project for Embedded Studio provided
Upgrading the CALLIOPE mini to J-Link
SEGGER offers the capability to upgrade the firmware on the CALLIOPE mini to a J-Link OB (on-board).
SEGGER has created a firmware for the on-board debug probe on the CALLIOPE mini, making it compatible to J-Link. This allows users to take advantage of all J-Link features such as ultra fast flash download and debugging speeds and the free-to-use GDB Server as well as application development using an IDE.
Firmware image to convert the on-board debug interface of the CALLIOPE mini to a J-Link OB.
Download Firmware & revision history
Sample projects for CALLIOPE mini that can be compiled, downloaded an debugged with SEGGER Embedded Studo.
Sample application images
Sample images (hex, mot, bin, ..) files that can be programmed to the CALLIOPE mini via drag & drop functionality.
Current batches of CALLIOPE mini are shipped with J-Link firmware by default. For previous batches, the firmware needs to be upgraded to the J-Link firmware first. The procedure for this is described in the SEGGER wiki: https://wiki.segger.com/Upgrading_CALLIOPE_mini_to_J-Link
Stand-alone image programming mode
The J-Link firmware for the CALLIOPE mini provides a stand-alone mode for programming images without the need for a PC connection. The images are stored in a separate SPI flash mounted on the CALLIOPE mini via a separate utility (JLinkCALLIOPEConfig) provided by SEGGER (walkthrough included in download archive).
Download JLinkCALLIOPEConfig utility
- The firmware may only be used for development and/or evaluation purposes. It may not be used for production purposes.
- The firmware is ONLY for use with CALLIOPE mini boards. It is not for use with custom hardware.
- The firmware is made available without any warranty and without support.
- No production flash programming support
If there is any doubts or concerns on a specific use case it is recommended to contact SEGGER prior to use. By using an original SEGGER J-Link PRO, J-Link ULTRA+ or J-Link PLUS, all these limitations are removed. Learn more about J-Link here.
When starting a debug session, a license dialog pop-up appears which must be accepted before the J-Link OB can be used.