Many devices formerly connected via UART have been equipped with USB interfaces using serial to UART converters such as the CP210x USB-to-UART Bridges from Silicon Labs. emUSB-Host is capable of easily addressing such devices.
- Compatibility with different CP210x devices
- Ability to send and receive data
- Ability to set various parameters, such as baud rate, number of stop bits, parity
- Handling of multiple CP210x devices at the same time
- Notifications about CP210x connection status
- Ability to query the CP210x line and modem status
- Small footprint
The following devices were tested with the current CP210x driver:
An example application which uses the API is provided with any shipment or eval software including emUSB-Host. This example displays information about the CP210x device in the I/O terminal of the debugger. In addition the application then starts a simple echo server, sending back the received data. Several application samples can also be found on the emUSB-Host sample page.