- Compatibility with USB Audio V1.0 devices.
- Transfer sound to audio output devices (e.g. speakers).
- Receive data from audio input devices (e.g. microphones).
- Control the audio environment, such as Volume and Tone Control.
- Notifications about insertion and removal of audio devices.
- Small footprint
About AUDIO Class
The USB class protocol for AUDIO was defined for devices or functions embedded in composite devices that are used to manipulate audio, voice, and sound-related functionality. This includes both audio data and the functionality that is used to directly control the audio environment, such as Volume and Tone Control.
Application Examples for emUSB-Host MIDI
USB sound card
Sample Applications Available
SEGGER provides multiple examples with the Audio class for emUSB-Host. One of the examples plays a voice to a connected USB speaker. If additionally an USB memory stick with a ".wav" file is connected, the audio file is played.
Another example reads audio data from an input device (like a microphone) and outputs the volume level.