The emWin professional GUI library enables you to efficiently create high-quality graphical user interfaces on your Arduino GIGA R1 board. emWin empowers your resource-constrained microcontroller-based systems to run stunning interactive interfaces. emWin is independent from any display: It Simply Works!
It is compatible with single-task and multi-task environments, with a proprietary operating system or with any commercial RTOS. emWin is written in "C".
The STM32 microcontroller on the Arduino GIGA R1 board comes with ChromART hardware acceleration, which is supported by emWin.
The award-winning AppWizard GUI design tool provides developers and designers with a flexible tool to create stunning emWin-based user interface applications – without writing any code. Users need little to no experience, neither with emWin or even C. Features such as scalable resource management with integrated access to external media, conditional interactions, multilingual text management, ready-to-use BSPs and many more make it a joy to create cutting-edge user interfaces.
- ANSI C library
- No RTOS required
- Any display with any controller could be used
- Minimal resource usage in RAM and ROM
- VNC client/server with file transfer
- Language resource files
- RTL and Bidirectional text support
- Multiple layers supported
- Simultaneous use of multiple displays
- Virtual display support
- Multibuffering avoids flickering and tearing effects
- Integrated memory management system
- Simulation environment
- JPEG based movie format for free of charge movies
- Window manager and free customizable widget library
- Wide range of available tools
- New GUI design Tool - AppWizard
Users equipped with the Arduino GIGA R1 board and the corresponding Arduino GIGA Display Shield can now seamlessly download and utilize emWin directly through the Arduino IDE. The integration process is user-friendly, allowing developers to focus on crafting visually appealing GUIs.
Whether starting from scratch in the Arduino sketch with emWin or utilizing AppWizard for rapid application development, users can design their applications without any knowledge of the C language since AppWizard automatically generates the necessary code.
The emWin Package for Arduino GIGA R1 customers includes:
- emWin Color basic package (LIBRARY)
- emWin GUIDRV Lin (LIBRARY)
- Window manager (LIBRARY)
- Memory device module (LIBRARY)
- Anti-aliasing module (LIBRARY)
- VNC server (LIBRARY)
- emWin MultiTouch (LIBRARY)
Please note: The download of the emWin Package for Arduino is available via the Arduino IDE or Github.
Click on the image and get insights into sophisticated GUIs for any embedded system created with emWin when using Arduino GIGA R1 boards.
Check it out and download a free demo version: