Ozone — OS Aware Debugging
- Stand-alone graphical debugger
- Debug output of any tool chain and IDE
- C/C++ source level debugging and assembly instruction debugging
- Debug information windows for any purpose: disassembly, memory, globals and locals, (live) watches, CPU and peripheral registers
- Source editor to fix bugs immediately
- High-speed programming of the application into the target
- Direct use of J-Link built-in features (Unlimited Flash Breakpoints, Flash Download, Real Time Terminal, Instruction Trace)
- Scriptable project files to set up everything automatically
- New project wizard to ease the basic configuration of new projects
Ozone, the molecule and the debugger, are a powerful bug killer and efficiently protect you and your application.
Ozone is capable of OS aware debugging, which allows users to show the task list of the OS and examine the current state of all tasks, including its call stack, locals and registers. OS awareness for embOS and FreeRTOS are already included. Awareness for other OSes can be easily added.
To add support for other OSs than embOS and FreeRTOS the awareness Plugin SDK for Ozone can be requested at infosegger.com
To enable awareness for embOS, add Project.SetOSPlugin("embosPlugin"); to your debugger project. After loading the project the Thread Window can be opened via View -> embOS -> Threads.
To enable awareness for FreeRTOS, add Project.SetOSPlugin("FreeRTOSPlugin"); to your debugger project. After loading the project the Thread Window can be opened via View -> FreeRTOS-> Threads.