Crypto Library Hardware Acceleration: STM32 CRYP
The STM32 Cryptographic processor (CRYP) is a capable hardware accelerator presented as
a memory-mapped peripheral.
The SEGGER crypto library has specialized hardware-assisted ciphering support
There are two variants of the CRYP processor with different capabilities present on the following family members:
- STM32F41x CRYP, hereafter referred to as the standard CRYP processor, and
- STM32F43x/F47x CRYP, hereafter referred to as the enhanced CRYP processor.
The following cryptographic algorithms using using both CRYP variants:
- DES in ECB and CBC modes.
- TDES in ECB and CBC modes with keying options 1, 2, and 3.
- AES-128, AES-192, and AES-256 in ECB and CBC modes.
For the enhanced CRYP processor, direct acceleration is provided for:
- AES-128, AES-192, and AES-256 in CCM(12,4) and GCM(12,4) modes.
For the standard CRYP processor, acceleration is provided for:
- AES-128, AES-192, and AES-256 ciphering with GCM and CCM in software.