The Embedded Experts
Release notes for the Flasher Hub
Version V1.04 (2021-10-14)
- In some rare occasions when the USB communication between Flasher Hub and Flasher Compact broke down (e.g. Flasher Compact was removed from hub at a specific moment), subsequent communication could hang. Fixed.
- Added support for #TERMINAL command for enabling UART to TCP transceivers.
- Order of manual versions in version table was inverted. Fixed.
- Chapter "FTP server", Section "Access data": Fixed typo.
- Updated screenshots.
- Chapter "Working with the Flasher Hub": Added section "UART to TCP transceiver". Section "Seting up the IP interface": Improved formatting.
- Chapter "Serial number handling": Fixed typo.
- Chapter "Web server": Removed obsolete sub chapters. Added chapter "Status page". Added chapter "Flasher Hub configuration page". Added chapter "Flasher modules configuration page". Added chapter "Programming page". Added chapter "UART page".
- Chapter "Remote control", Section "Ascii command interface": Added "Command #TERMINAL".
- Files: Sometimes when trying to upload files > 256 KB, the upload would fail. Fixed.
- Files: Upon finishing a file upload, the web interface will now also show the upload duration and average upload speed.
- Status -> Server: Merged into landing page.
- Status -> Flasher: Merged into landing page.
- Overview: Removed Flasher Hub picture.
- Overview: Renamed tab to "Status".
- Status: Added "activity" column to flasher table.
- Files: While uploading a file to a module, web interface tabs did not receive any updates. Fixed.
- Files: The tab now disables controls when inside a directory of a busy module.
- Reduced font size to make web interface more compact.
- Reduced padding for table headers to make web interface more compact.
- Reduced padding for headelines to make web interface more compact.
- Reduced padding for content containers to make web interface more compact..
- Configuration > Server: Renamed tab to "Configuration > Flasher Hub"
- Configuration > Modules: Renamed tab to "Configuration > Flasher Modules"
- Configuration > Flasher Modules: Replaced generic Flasher drawing with picture of Flasher Compact.
- Status: Added new picture of Flasher Hub.
- Status: Moved "Restart" button to "Config > Flasher Hub"
- Configuration > Flasher Hub: Added "Restart" button.
- Configuration > Flasher Hub: Updated order of tables.
- Footer: Added "Powered by emWeb".
- Files: Improved wording for button from "Remove files and folders" to say "Remove all files and folders".
- Replaced occurrences of multi-byte unit "KiB" with "KB" according to SEGGER's new naming convention: https://wiki.segger.com/SEGGER_standard_for_units_of_Memory_size
- Files: Added button for viewing contents of plain text files (.txt and .log).
- Configuration > Flasher Modules: Added option for seeing and editing the nickname of a module.
- Status: Added column for module nickname.
- Configuration > Flasher Hub: Updated Flasher Hub picture.
- Configuration > Flasher Hub: Merged separate tables for Flasher Hub Configuration into one table for all options.
- Configuration > Flasher Hub: Flasher Hub firmware updates can now be uploaded via web interface.
- Configuration > Flasher Hub: Replaced radio buttons for enabling / disabling options with toggle switches.
- Configuration > Flasher Hub: When a change in configuration was not applied for some reason, no error message was shown. Fixed.
- Added "programming" tab for starting and monitoring programming from within the web interface.
- Added "UART" tab for starting and monitoring the UART to TCP transceiver of a module.
- The "emWeb" hyperlink inside the page footer now opens the page in a new tab.
- Files: Unified buttons for increase in readability.
- Configuration > Flasher modules: Some special characters in side nicknames (e.g. '&') could cause the table to be refreshed constantly. Fixed.
- Log: Slightly adjusted handling of log view for increased usability.
- Status: In some cases, an old nickname of a module was displayed after a reattach. Fixed.
- Configuration > Flasher modules: Under some circumstances, it was possible for the Flasher Hub to freeze/ hang after trying to apply a configuration. Fixed.
- Files: Some browsers (e.g. Firefox) would show old (cached) file contents after downloading a file from a module. Fixed.
- Configuration > Flasher Hub: Sometimes toggling the "logging" setting did not work correctly. Fixed.
Version V1.02 (2021-07-05)
- Opening module directories (e.g. MODULE.001) did not work. Fixed.
- Creating subdirectories (e.g. MODULE.001/tmp/) did not work. Fixed.
- Uploading directories via "All modules" did not work. Fixed.
- Added server compile date to start of log.
- Sometimes when the web interface automatically reconnected to the Flasher Hub after a connection loss, the Flasher Hub could crash. Fixed.
- Status -> Flasher: The firmware of connected modules can now be updated via the web interface.
- Files: Added file browser tab.
- Overview: Added server compile date to "Server version" field.
- Sometimes after reloading a page, live updates did not work anymore. Fixed.
- Changed "reconnect" information header background color from orange to gray.
- Added tab "Network" under "Configuration" for configuring Flasher Hub's IP interface.
- Overview tab: Added field which displays Flasher Hub's MAC address.
Version V1.00 (2021-03-30)
- Initial release of the Flasher Hub